Voice during lockdown
- In the UK, more than half of voice assisted owners increased their usage (voxly).
- In south Korea, the number of conversations people are having with voice assistants has increased by nearly 40% (mediatel).
- In the US, 36% of smart speaker owners are listening to more music, entertainment and information and this is higher for 18-34 year olds (52%) (smart audio).
Connected TV during lockdown
- When people stay at home because of disruptive events, their media consumption increases by nearly 60% (Nielsen data analysis, Variety)
- BBC iplayer viewer numbers have increased by 61% year on year (BBC)
- In the UK, there has been an estimated 4.6 million signups to subscription video on demand (SVOD) services (The Guardian)
- Growth of voice is expected to increase up to an estimated 8 billion digital voice assistants in use by 2023 (Juniper research)
- Connected TV is estimated to increase by 82% by 2023 (The Drum, Innovid)